Summertime is always a relaxing peaceful time for me. I am so busy during the school year as a teacher. June is usually the month that I can catch up on reading books that interest me. Here is my summer reading list:
- Watership Down (Richard Adams)- Every year I like to read this detailed novel of the lives of rabbits as they travel on a perilous journey to find a new home. The characters are memorable and the plot keeps me engaged.
- Davenport House series (Marie Silk)- This is a historical fiction series that keeps me on my toes. The plot twists keep me wanting more. Each character has their own personality and challenges. I have read the first two so I am ready to continue the series.
- Monstrous Beauty (Carol Keen)- This is a Beauty and the Beast retelling that I am looking forward to reading this summer.
If you are looking for some books to read this summer, try my novels.
- The Glory Chronicles series- This 7 book fantasy series follows the lives of travelers who seek a better life by joining the service of the benevolent Ancient One on Mount Glory. However, they have to be alert to the dangers and schemes of the wicked dragon Diablo who will do anything to stop them from reaching the mountain.
- Magnolia Ruby series- This growing mystery series is about Magnolia Ruby who is an artist with an eye of detail. She finds herself aiding the police with several murder cases with numerous suspects.
- Lyric’s List- This Christian romance is about Lyric Sinclair who enjoys a lavish life that includes her high-rise apartment, successful fashion design career, and ample bank account. With endless lists on her cell phone, she likes things organized and surprise-free. Then Lyric’s world comes crashing down leaving her crushed and broken. With a new list in hand and a wary bodyguard in tow, Lyric sets off on a series of adventures that may be her last. Along the way, she may find something that has been missing in her life.
- Stranded Treasure- This Christian romance is about Selah Elliot who promises her dying mother that she will seek true love and hold on tightly when she finds it. As she struggles through a complicated life, she wonders if real love is even possible for her to experience. Then Selah meets Finn Blakesley. Her world is turned completely upside down by the handsome, charming marine biologist. She travels with Finn to Costa Rica as he seeks to explore the deep, dark depths of the ocean. Far off the coast of the mainland, Selah and Finn find themselves in an unexpected nightmare where survival seems unlikely. As danger lurks and fortunes plummet, Selah begins to wonder if she will be able to keep her promise in the midst of tragedy.