Name of Author: Aaliyah.S
Titles of Published Books: The 13: We all Start as Strangers
1) Tell a little bit about yourself.
I’m Aaliyah, 18, from Mumbai, India. I dropped out of middle school. I love travelling, dancing, painting, playing video games and spending some quality time with my family and my cat, Ginger.
2) When did you know that you wanted to be an author?
After getting good reviews on my work published on Wattpad and abundance support from my family, I decided to write a novel.
3) Tell us a little bit about your books.
My debut novel “The 13: We all start as strangers” is a Mystery/Young Adult novel, It follows the story of 13 university students, although they encountered each other at some point, eventually they end up getting involved in an unfortunate situation where trust and friendship is just a play for the antagonist.
4) We all need a hero! Tell us about your protagonist(s)? Was there a real-life inspiration behind him or her?
Aria Heart is nineteen, half-American, and carefree. She’s cute, friendly, and mostly careless of her surroundings and belongings. There wasn’t any inspiration behind Aria, but I wanted her to have a really cool and bold attitude.
5) A good villain is hard to write. How did you get in touch with your inner villain(s) to write this book? Was there a real-life inspiration for him/her/it?
After watching many villain oriented movies, in the end I would feel like the villain wasn’t strong enough for the plot. I used to think that the character could do/show more of his bad side. Therefore I wanted the villain to be fitting for my plot. I got a bit inspired after watching anime and Korean dramas/Movies. And maybe that’s how I got in touch with my inner villain.
6) What was the hardest part of writing this book?
It was writing the P.O.V’s of different characters.
7) What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
My favourite chapter would be “Episode 24- 7:11PM.” because this is the chapter where the villain enters and the story
takes a turn.
8) What real-life inspirations did you draw from for the worldbuilding within your book?
My inspiration was Seoul, South Korea, since I always thought that my story would be best situated here as I watched many Korean dramas/Movies
9) Did you learn anything from writing this book and what was it?
Yes, I learned about friendship, loyalty, brotherhood and that we reap what we sow.
10) What are your future projects?
There’s going to be a sequel for “The 13” so please anticipate it!
11) What is your preferred method to have readers get in touch with or follow you (i.e., website, personal blog, Facebook page, here on Goodreads, etc.) and link(s)?
Personal blog: https://writernextdoor.blog/